CEREC in Port Orange
Advances in dental technology have made it easier than ever to get the restorative treatment you need, while spending less time in the dentist’s chair. At Smillie Dental, we use modern CEREC technology to provide our patients with better service and same-day crowns.
CEREC is short for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. Using A CEREC machine, Dr. Smillie can quickly make dental prosthetics, such as crowns and veneers, without requiring the services of a third-party manufacturer like a dental lab. These prosthetics are superior quality and can be built in less than 30 minutes using high-tech scanning software and 3D modeling.
What to Expect
How Does CEREC Work?
CEREC uses a special CAD/CAM (Computer Assisted Design/Manufacturing) tool and a small camera that takes 3D scans and images of your mouth. To begin, Dr. Smillie simply coats your mouth with a special powder, then scans your mouth using the camera. The information from the scan is uploaded into a computer program, allowing him to craft a dental restoration that will fit perfectly in your mouth.
Once he has finished designing your CEREC restoration, the CAD/CAM machine in our office will craft it automatically, using special blocks of porcelain. It only takes a few minutes for each dental prosthetic to be made, so you can get treatments like dental crowns and veneers in a single appointment at Smillie Dental.
The Benefits of CEREC
Patients love CEREC technology because of its numerous benefits:
- Get treatment in a single day – Traditional crown procedures without CEREC technology can take up to 2-3 weeks. At Smillie Dental, we create your crown right here in our modern office and we can complete your procedure in just one appointment.
- No more temporary crowns – Because CEREC dentistry can be used to place a crown in a single day, there’s no reason to wear an unsightly or uncomfortable temporary crown.
- Better fit and finish – Using CEREC technology, Dr. Smillie can make minor adjustments to your crown, ensuring that it looks completely natural and fits properly.
Here are a few of the most common questions we hear about CEREC treatment:
- Is CEREC more expensive than a normal crown or prosthetic? In most cases, the price is almost identical. In fact, because you only need a single appointment, your cost may actually be lower with CEREC, compared to a lab-made restoration.
- Can CEREC be used for every restoration? No. CEREC is not always the right choice. For example, it can’t be used to treat a tooth if it is broken beneath the gum line, because the tooth will not be scanned properly by the 3D CEREC camera.
- Do CEREC restorations look natural? Yes. CEREC restorations look and feel just like a natural tooth because they are milled out of special, high-quality porcelain blocks.
- Are CEREC restorations durable? CEREC crowns, veneers, and other restorations are just as durable as lab-made restorations. However, you should still avoid activities which may damage your CEREC restorations, like chewing non-food objects, and using your teeth as a tool to open bags or packages. Anything that could cause damage to a natural tooth could also cause damage to a CEREC restoration.
Understanding Your Options
What Procedures Is CEREC Used For?
Most commonly, CEREC is used to create dental crowns. It’s an ideal option for patients who would like to restore and protect their teeth in just a single day. However, CEREC can also be used for treatments like inlays and onlays, and porcelain veneers. Some dentists can even use CEREC to create dental implants, though this requires more specialized tools and techniques.
The Importance Of
Advanced Dental Technology At Smillie Dental
Dr. Smillie is always at the forefront of advanced dental technology because he believes that using modern tools like CEREC and digital x-rays helps us provide the best possible care. Advanced dental technology is important for a number of reasons. First, and most importantly, it allows our team to deliver high-quality patient care and better long-term outcomes.
Dental technology also helps reduce waiting times, and the number of appointments required for each procedure at Smillie Dental. This allows us to offer same-day appointments and more flexibility for patients who come to our office. This all adds up to a better overall patient experience, faster treatment, and fantastic results.
Schedule a Same-Day Appointment
At Smillie Dental
Smillie Dental is a friendly, modern dental office and we offer same-day CEREC crowns for patients in Port Orange. We use the latest technology to deliver superior results, and increase the comfort and convenience of our patients. Contact us now at (386) 317-4754, or come to our office at 5537 South Williamson Blvd, #675, Port Orange, Florida 32128 to schedule your consultation.
- Mon 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Tues 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Wed 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Thurs 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Fri Closed